Invitation for Bids
Eligibility of Bidders:
1. The National Procurement Commission (NPC) on behalf of the Employer-Ministry of Public Works of the Government of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste is inviting interested eligible international and national construction companies to submit bids for the;
REHABILITATION OF MUNICIPAL ROADS Package 8, Section Aileu (Be’Cluru) to Liquidoe Town, Sta. 0+000 – Sta. 27+660 (27.660KM)
2. The Project is located in Aileu Municipality.
3. The bidding shall be conducted through International Competitive Bidding with Single Stage - Two Envelopes Procedure, wherein the Technical Bid and Price Bid shall be submitted together in separately sealed envelopes.
4. Participation in this bidding process is open to all interested international and national bidders. The attention of interested bidders is drawn to the qualification criteria detailed in the Bidding Document. The Key Evaluation Qualification Criteria is as follows:
5. Soundness of the Bidder's Financial Position.
Submission of audited balance sheets or, if not required by the law of the Bidder's country, other financial statements acceptable to the Employer, for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021). A Bidder's net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive.
Cash Flow Capacity
6. The Bidder must demonstrate access to financial resources such as working capital of recent financial year or availability of cash in bank, approved line of credit and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments for its current works commitment to meet a cash-flow requirement of US$ 4,000,000.00 and its current works commitment. Further detail about the Cash Flow Capacity for Joint Venture is provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. Specific Construction Experience (Contracts of Similar Size and Nature) Two (2) similar contracts satisfactorily completed/substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor during the last Seven (7) years where the value of the Bidder’s participation under each contract is at least US$ 20,000,000.00.
8. The passing score for bidder qualification is 75 points.
Interested bidders may inspect the Bidding Documents or obtain further information from:
National Procurement Commission (NPC)
Av. De Balide, Patrimoniu Estado (Ex-Dempal), Dili, Timor-Leste
Telephone: +670 3331101
9. The Bidding Document, in the English language, may be obtained free-of-charge by any interested companies by sending through email a letter to participate in the tender to the email addresses specified above. Upon receipt of letter of intent, the National Procurement Commission (NPC) will promptly send via email a PDF copy of the documents;
10. A pre-bid meeting will be held at 10:00 hour’s local time on 19 October 2022 at the same address specified above. Attending the Pre-bid meeting by a bidder is optional;
Due to COVID-19, the pre-bid for the above mentioned project will be held virtually through the following Zoom detail:
Meeting ID: 642 193 8789
11. The Bidders has the option of submitting their Bids electronically through email. The Bidders will submit the Technical Bid and Price Bid (Password Protected) in non- editable PDF format through separate email. If the file size is more than 10 MB of Technical Bid or Price Bid, the Bidder will send through multiple emails with no attachment size is bigger than 10 MB.
NPC will request later from the bidder to provide the password if its bid will be qualified for price opening.
12. Bidders must enclose with their Technical Bid a Bid Security (in the form of Bank Guarantee) in the amount of US$ 250,000.00 (Two Hundred Fifty Thousand United States Dollars). The bid security shall be valid twenty eight (28) days beyond the original validity period of the bid.
13. The bid must be received in the Tender Box located at the same address specified above not later than 03:00 p.m. local time on 14 November 2022.
14. Technical Bids will be opened at the same address on 14 November 2022 at 03:00 p.m. Timor-Leste time and in the presence of Bidders representative who wish to attend. An online option of the opening of the Technical Bids is offered through the link mentioned above. Technical Bids will be opened immediately after submission of bids. During the Technical Bid Opening Session, the Bid Opening Committee shall try to open price bids of bidders who submit bids electronically to confirm whether their price bids are PASSWORD PROTECTED. Price bids not password protected shall be declared non-responsive.
15. Any Bid or its modification received by the Employer after the deadline shall be declared late and rejected, and promptly returned unopened.
Hermingardo A. Soares
Avenida de Balide
You are viewing the notice for free because:
1 . The Notice belongs to a Buyer who paid for it.
Please note that this notice is for your information only.
We try our best to have the most accurate and up-to-date information
available on our web site, but we cannot guarantee that all of the
information provided is error-free.
If you have any updates,corrections,or complaints related to this notice,
please contact the responsible purchaser directly.
Join dgMarket for free and get access to the global procurement notices*